As you may be aware, already there are more than 3 billion people using social media around the world. We know that this is a figure that is expected to increase, with plenty of companies out there already harnessing that power of digital marketing and social media to increase their visibility. Many people are using social media to monetise their online presence and businesses are different. But The thing is, digital marketing isn’t the only way to market. The techniques in digital marketing have become so overused that digital saturation is now occurring.
Of course, everybody wants to be able to keep up with the times, but if keeping up with the times means using the same approaches as every other business in your industry, then is it really keeping up with the times, or is it just keeping up with your competition? This means you need to resort to other approaches that include traditional marketing. Traditional marketing techniques have not been phased out, they are still being used and traditional marketing is any form of marketing that is not digital. From quality printing of large posters and billboards to direct mail and brochures, print marketing is still out there and it’s still a viable method of marketing that companies should be utilizing where they can. Traditional marketing has always been at the forefront of creating excitement about a brand and that hasn’t changed.
However, while you can still implement digital marketing, you should also look at traditional marketing methods so that you can elevate your business and keep it current. We know that digital marketing is eclipsing conventional marketing across many different industries, but it’s still an effective tool that you could be using to boost your brand. Still on the fence? We’ve got some reasons that you should continue to use the traditional marketing methods where you can.
- You will establish credibility with your business. As you know, digital marketing and online marketing methods can help you to reach a much larger audience, but it doesn’t really present you as being dependable. Printed advertising and materials, however, shine you in a completely different light. Rather than bombarding potential customers with adverts online or e-mail brochures, you could have print marketing in your local area so that the local community understands who you are and what you do. If you can place a commercial on a television or radio then you are going to be able to give people the perception that your company is stable and successful as well as one that is growing.
- It’s a sustainable marketing method. Traditional marketing is usually printed, which means that the materials that you use are going to be recyclable. With digital marketing though, you need to be able to provide promotional content regularly to keep the attention of your audience. Traditional marketing allows you to print posters that are always going to be correct for your business, which means that they are going to last longer than digital marketing options and it’s less work. You don’t have to keep printing the same poster two to three times a week, not when you can convey your message in one.
- Traditional marketing has a personal touch. If you want your brand to cross paths with your consumers more often, then you need to look at traditional marketing methods. Business cards and posters, billboards and more are going to be in front of your customers at all times. When you use direct mail as an option to reach out to your clients, you can make sure that you are addressing their pain points and your recipients by name. Most of the time, people prefer human interaction because they rely on these relationships and different aspects of their lives. As such, they will choose to associate themselves with businesses that really do care about their lives and will do what it takes to be able to connect with them.traditional marketing techniques really can enable your brand to establish that personal connection and give your customers what they need.
- Cybercrime is less of a concern. Cybercrime has become so widespread and common that businesses are training their teams on what to look for from day one. With traditional marketing methods, cybercrime is not actually going to be a problem. The extensive use of technology that businesses are undertaking right now means that businesses are having to hire cybersecurity experts to ensure that their data is not being stolen. With traditional marketing techniques, you can minimize the chances of your business becoming victim to something like this.
- Your audience will be much more diverse. You would think that digital marketing will bring you the diverse audience that you’re looking for, but realistically, traditional marketing can do the same thing. You can refine your promotional materials as you gather factual data from your social media and your website or your email campaigns, and that’s a great way to use digital marketing.But with traditional marketing, you’ll be able to reach a diverse audience that can help you to grow your business. You’ll also be able to attract potential clients that you are looking to grow with when you use traditional marketing methods.
- It’s easy to understand. Traditional marketing methods are familiar for people. Older users and seniors are less likely to be familiar with digital marketing methods out there. But traditional marketing options are still going to resonate.It is friendlier and it allows you that human touch as we mentioned earlier. And that’s really going to help you to show your clients and your potential customers that you care about what they think. Familiar marketing methods are much easier to understand, and that’s easier for your customers to process, which is exactly what you want.
If you’ll promise anything to marketing materials and methods, they’re going to connect to a bigger audience that is more diversified and better to grow with. You want to show people that you’re still in touch with the real world. And while digital marketing is a great supplement, you should never let go of traditional marketing practices.