There has been a real boom lately: artists, IT professionals, CEOs, and even political activists are using non fungible tokens and selling their own unique works. Also, to get the correct understanding of all your income, install a revenue operations tool from RevenueGrid. Let’s have a closer look at this type of token and find out how to sell it properly.
Table Of Contents
What Are NFTs And How Do They Operate
What are NFTs? NFT (Non-fungible token) is a special type of cryptocurrency that is a unit of data based on a blockchain. In this way, the token is a unique digital element and confirms ownership.
The owner of the NFT token is frequently not given the work itself, but rather the right to it. A link to a digital file copy of the object is frequently included in the token, which may be found on marketplaces and other websites. The copy’s destiny will be unclear if the site shuts. Many people are perplexed about this. You can purchase gold in the form of bars, coins, or securities, for example. Art products that may be purchased with NFT tokens experience something similar. Because each token is unique, such tokens differ significantly from other cryptocurrencies.
What Types Of NFTs Are There
The study of the Nonfungible NFT portal shows the markets where non-replaceable tokens are used most often. The gaming industry (41%) and collectibles (29%) are expected to be in the first place. The study also included real estate (13%) and art (4%).
Also, there are other types of NFTs for trading:
- Music albums and individual tracks;
- Paintings, images, gifs;
- Game characters and objects;
- Real estate object;
- Collection cards;
- Memes and even individual words and tags.
Pros And Cons Of NFT
Here is a thesis list of the main pros and cons of NFTs to invest in.
- NFTs have an advantage over real-world collectibles, as users can verify their authenticity or trace them to the original author.
- NFT markets allow these assets to be bought and sold decentrally and without a third party.
- These tokens have unwavering access: the issuer cannot revoke ownership for any reason in the future.
- Decentralized networks on which developers create NFT are not yet user-friendly.
- NFTs are not as separate as bitcoins or other currencies. Although this feature is useful to collectors, it sometimes overstates the price of assets.
- The future of NFT depends on the value of these items and the willingness to pay more for them.
The NFT object differs from the real one in that the first one was digitized in the blockchain.
If the object is physical, it must be turned into a digital one:
- To photograph;
- Scan on a 3D scanner;
- Film a video;
- Make a sound recording;
- Reproduce an image of a physical object using programs for working with 2D or 3D graphics.
Reproduction of an object in digital graphics software is valued higher on marketplaces than other options, and this must be taken into account when choosing a way to digitize a physical product. It is 2D or 3D graphics and animations that are considered the most cost-effective reproduction of NFTs.
Before you begin bidding, you must first establish the factors that will influence your future actions and, in turn, the amount of money you will earn from the transaction.
Let’s try to answer these questions:
- How much should NFT be sold for?
- Which platform to choose for sales;
- How much should I invest?
“Estimating NFT tokens is a subjective question that can only be answered by the creator.” Because the industry is very young and standards have yet to be developed, there are no clear principles for estimating the worth of digital art. However, the artist claims that “experience demonstrates that the fewer copies of one NFT, the higher its value.”
The methods for valuing works of art in the form of non-fungible tokens are identical to those used to evaluate tangible art.
Platforms for Sale
Although there are many of them, there are just a handful of truly prominent markets where you may earn money using NFTs. The Ethereum blockchain is used by the majority of them. Rarible and Foundation are the most popular platforms.
Now, you have an idea of what NFTs are and their features. Over time, more and more artists and innovators will no doubt use these tokens because of their unique properties and, in turn, expand them in new ways. This is already happening today!