Dealing with a sluggish device that moves at a snail’s pace can be incredibly frustrating. However, solving this problem is usually not difficult at all. All it takes is a little time and effort to explore your iPhone’s settings and customize them to suit your preferences. This guide provides a comprehensive list of effective strategies and solutions to enhance your iPhone’s performance. We offer easy, fast, and smart cleaning.
#1 Close Nonessential Apps
The most widely discussed and arguable technique to accelerate your phone’s performance is the memory tip. While presenting my battery-saving tips, I advised against frequently closing apps as it drains the battery. However, background apps, whether they refresh or not, occupy iPhone memory.
A balanced perspective for conserving battery and memory is to close nonessential apps and keep open the ones you frequently use throughout the day. By doing so, your iPhone will consume less battery power when launching those essential apps and optimize memory usage when closing completed games or infrequently accessed social media feeds. To achieve this, access the app switcher and swipe up to close any nonessential apps.
#2 Smart Cleaning of Temporary Files
You have no idea how useful cleaning similar photos and videos can be. You don’t sacrifice any of your data, but increase iPhone storage. By smart cleaning, we mean automatically searching for everything you don’t need on your device. Just try a CleanUp app on the App Store and see what effect you get. As a bonus, you can organize contacts, and get rid of duplicates. To clean up more memory on your device, you need an app and 1 minute of your time. In this way, you can significantly boost your phone, since one of the most common reasons for a slow device is a lack of free memory.
#3 Compress Video Feature
You can utilize Media Converter, an app that provides a free version as well as a premium version. With this app, you can convert and compress videos effortlessly. Follow the steps below to get started:
- Download and install Media Converter on your iPhone.
- Navigate to the Videos section and select “Compress Video”.
- Choose the source of your video (for this example, we’ll use Phone Album) and grant the app access to your files. Select the video you want to compress.
- On the video compression page, set the Compression mode, ratio, and specific time range (if you don’t want to compress the entire video).
- For further customization, tap “More Settings” to adjust the frame rate, output format, codec, and video resolution in the Video Settings tab. To modify the audio, tap “Audio Settings” on the top of the screen. Once you’re finished, save your changes by tapping OK.
- Tap the Next button in the top-right corner and select “Start” from the pop-up to initiate the compression process.
- Once the compression is complete, you’ll find the converted file in the My Creation tab.
#4 Update Your iPhone
Entities release updates for devices, apps, or features solely to enhance them. Updates resolve security risks, fix bugs, and optimize efficiency. iOS updates for your iPhone serve the same purpose.
To update your iPhone, navigate to Settings > General > Software Update. If a new iOS version exists, you can choose to Download and Install or Install Now.
#5 Enable Reduce Motion
Apple incorporates a range of animations and effects to enhance the visual appeal of iPhones, but this can impact device performance. Although this troubleshooting tip is more specific, it has effectively assisted numerous users. To enable Reduce Motion, follow these steps in Settings:
- Tap on Accessibility.
- Choose Visual, then Motion.
- Activate the Reduce Motion toggle.
#6 Reset to Factory Settings
If you’re still struggling to boost the performance of your iPhone, consider resetting it to its factory settings. Keep in mind that this action will delete all your data and restore your iPhone to its original state. To ensure you don’t lose any important information, make sure to back up your iPhone beforehand.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Tap on “General” and then select “Reset.”
- Choose “Erase All Content and Settings” and confirm your selection by entering your Apple ID and password.
- Your iPhone will be wiped clean and return to the initial setup screen you encountered when you first used the device.
- To bring back your data, you can restore your iPhone from a backup.
#7 Delete Image-Heavy Messages
Another effective trick for improving your iPhone’s speed is to open the Messages app and remove any unnecessary messages. Pay special attention to messages containing a large number of images, gifs, or videos, as they consume the most storage and memory. Follow these steps to accomplish this:
- Open your Messages app.
- Scroll through the list and swipe left.
- Tap “Delete” to discard any messages you no longer need.
Many iPhone users encounter performance issues, but that doesn’t necessarily imply the need for device replacement. While slow iPhone speed can be indicative of battery health deterioration, which is challenging to address, more often than not, adjusting settings and removing resource-intensive apps can significantly enhance iPhone performance.